Great! Get involved! Any amount of time is appreciated, and we can use as much
help as we can get.
Volunteers of all ages are welcome, but children under 12 require adult supervision. Fallen Feathers can also help with preapproved community service hours. In some cases, high school students can earn credits.
What is volunteering at Fallen Feathers like?
Absolute fun! Not only do you get to spend your time with exotic and wild birds of all kinds, but there are so many other opportunities that can be achieved! Volunteering at an animal rescue is a great experience that you don't want to miss out on.
While each experience can be tailored to be more rewarding for you as an individual, volunteer work at
Fallen Feathers generally consists of:
• Helping feed baby birds
• Answering the door for incoming birds
• Playing with the exotics (parrots, cockatoos, etc) they all need love and socialization
• Making bird toys
• Participating in wild bird releases
• Assisting with educational programs
• Routine feeding
• Cleanup and general upkeep of aviaries
• Basic carpentry/plumbing/handyman skills are desired for specific projects, but not required
While set schedules are nice for planning our days, we do recognize that life happens. Volunteer hours are generally daily 8am to 8pm. Call Jody to let her know what day(s) and time of day you are available to help.
Think you are ready to come join the family? If so, please fill out our volunteer forms and turn it into Fallen Feathers, as well as give us a call at 623-533-2348.